For a healthy body, we need an adequate amount of carbohydrates, protein, good fats, vitamins and minerals. There are different kind of vitamins that perform different functions in our body. Today, ILS Hospitals, one of the best hospitals in Kolkata and Agartala, will enlighten you about different vitamins and their importance in the human body.
Vitamin A is crucial for healthy vision and preventing night blindness. This vitamin also helps in fostering cell development, healthy bones and teeth. Vitamin A ensures good reproductive health and allows the other organs like kidney, heart and lungs to function properly.
Best food sources: Eggs, fish, carrots, dairy products, spinach, pumpkin etc.
Vitamin B helps in the body’s metabolism and cell development. There are different types of vitamin B, each performing their own functions. Let’s talk about a few here.
Vitamin B9 (Folic Acid or Folate): Vitamin B9 converts food into energy and is vital for pregnant women to help prevent congenital defects. Folate can be derived from natural food sources (eggs, fish, beans, peas and so on) while folic acid, being a synthetic form is consumed in the form of pills.
Biotin (also called Vitamin B7, B8 and Vitamin H): Biotin maintains the body’s metabolism and improves the health of skin, hair, and nails. Best food sources for biotin are egg yolks, soybeans and fish, sweet potatoes, chicken liver, whole grains, etc.
Vitamin B12 (Cobalamin): Vitamin B12 helps in the formation of red blood cells, DNA, RNA and myelin. This vitamin prevents congenital defects, memory loss and depression.
Best food sources: Vitamin B12 is present in almost all animal products, like eggs, milk, seafood, and meat.
Vitamin C repairs the body tissues and strengthens the immune system. It fosters the wound healing process and protects cells from any damage.
Best food sources: All citrus fruits, cauliflower, capsicum, papaya etc.
Vitamin D ensures healthy bones by allowing the body to absorb calcium, maintains phosphorus levels in the blood and reduces depression.
Best food sources: Egg yolks, cod liver oil, fatty fishes, mushrooms, milk and milk products.
Vitamin E prevents cell damage, heart diseases and inflammation. It is best for promoting good vision, healthy hair and skin.
Best food sources: Almonds, peanuts, walnuts, olive oil, sunflower oil, dried apricots etc.
Vitamin K helps in blood clotting, prevents osteoporosis, tooth decay and certain diseases.
Best food sources: Soybeans, egg yolks, chicken, cabbage, spinach and pumpkin.
We hope you found this blog informative. Hospitals in Agartala and Kolkata is always available to give you good medical service.
A weak immune system makes us susceptible to seasonal flu or infections. If you become sick throughout the year then it’s an indication that you do not have a good immune system.
Since none of us wants to spend our days staying sick, ILS Hospitals, the multispeciality hospitals in Agartala and Kolkata would like to acquaint you with ways through which you can have a strong immune system.
Let’s look at the ways without any delay.
- Consume immune-boosting foods: Eat plenty of fresh fruits, vegetables, poultry, seafood, nuts, etc for a healthy immune system. Include spices, like ginger, garlic, turmeric, cinnamon, black pepper, cloves in your meals to keep yourself away from flu.
- Drink more water: Water flushes out toxins and impurities from your body so keep drinking water every hour to have a healthy immune system.
- Avoid certain food and drinks: Try to avoid the consumption of processed and canned foods, junk foods, sugary foods, caffeinated and alcoholic beverages as all of them harm the immune system.
- Get sufficient sleep: Not getting enough sleep will make you more vulnerable to seasonal colds and infections. Therefore, get enough sleep every night without fail.
- Exercise regularly: Doing moderate exercises regularly prepares your body to actively fight against infections. Reserve 20-30 minutes of the day for your exercise regime to have an excellent immune system.
- Get enough sunlight: Sunlight is an extraordinary source of vitamin D. Studies suggest that people who spent enough time in the sun fell less sick than the ones who never received enough sunglight. Even soaking for 5 to 10 minutes in the sun daily during the summer season is more than enough for your immune system.
- Avoid stress: Stress hampers both our mental and physical health. Chronic stress has a huge impact on your body’s immunity so avoid living in a stressful environment.
- Stop smoking: Smoking affects the body’s ability to fight with diseases and infections by killing healthy cells of the body. Hence, quit smoking, right now.
- Take multi-vitamin supplements if needed: If your regular diet lacks essential vitamins then consider taking multi-vitamins to keep up with the body’s vitamin requirements.
Visit a medical professional and ask him or her for prescriptive multi-vitamin supplements as per your body’s daily needs.
You can visit ILS Hospitals, one of the best hospitals in Kolkata and Agartala to get medical advice.
Even though we all thrive to stay healthy, staying disease-free is always not so easy in reality. Often you need to go to the hospital and clinics to seek consultation from the doctors and get medical screening at the diagnostic centers or pathology labs. While you look for the best hospital, you are certain to come across 2 types of hospitals, general and multispeciality hospitals. Today, we will define what are multispeciality hospitals and how they are more beneficial than general hospitals.
General hospitals are a non-specialized healthcare provider that offers primary and general treatment for patients with all types of medical conditions. Multispecialty Hospital, on the other hand, addresses different branches of medicine under one roof and also offer surgical treatment and diagnostic services. ILS Hospitals is a well-known group of multispeciality hospitals that offers quality healthcare for people at an affordable price. It has 4 units, at Salt Lake, Dumdum, Howrah, and Agartala.
Here we list out some advantages that multispeciality hospitals offer.
1. Numerous medical specialties under one roof, which includes, but not limited to the following:
General Medicine, ENT, GI specialist, Dermatology, General Surgery, Opthalmology, Neuro medicine, Neurosurgeon, Cardiologist, Cardiothoracic surgeon, Pulmonology, Rheumatology, Orthopedic, Gynecology & Obstetrics, Nephrology, Pediatrics, Urology, Endocrinology, Plastic surgery, Dentistry and many more.
You can also find inter-specialties such as Neuro-Ophthalmology which is an interdisciplinary specialty between neurology and Opthalmology. It focuses on the diseases that originate due to some neurological reasons and affect the vision of the patient.
2. It offers high-end diagnostics which includes both general pathologies such as blood profile screening, x-ray scanning, USG, along with critical diagnosis such as cath lab, doppler test, etc.
3. It stays open all day, all around the year and also offers treatment for medical emergencies. It offers 24/ 7 emergency service, along with ambulance services, pharmacy, assistance with the blood bank, ICU, NICU, PICU, etc.
So, as you can clearly see, going to a multispeciality hospital is a much advantageous decision. In case you are not sure which doctor you should refer too, coming to a multispeciality hospital is your best option as they will help you get in touch with the most suitable doctor.
ILS Hospitals is a multispeciality hospital that offers extensive treatment. Come at ILS Hospitals to address a wide range of health conditions.