A weak immune system makes us susceptible to seasonal flu or infections. If you become sick throughout the year then it’s an indication that you do not have a good immune system.
Since none of us wants to spend our days staying sick, ILS Hospitals, the multispeciality hospitals in Agartala and Kolkata would like to acquaint you with ways through which you can have a strong immune system.
Let’s look at the ways without any delay.
- Consume immune-boosting foods: Eat plenty of fresh fruits, vegetables, poultry, seafood, nuts, etc for a healthy immune system. Include spices, like ginger, garlic, turmeric, cinnamon, black pepper, cloves in your meals to keep yourself away from flu.
- Drink more water: Water flushes out toxins and impurities from your body so keep drinking water every hour to have a healthy immune system.
- Avoid certain food and drinks: Try to avoid the consumption of processed and canned foods, junk foods, sugary foods, caffeinated and alcoholic beverages as all of them harm the immune system.
- Get sufficient sleep: Not getting enough sleep will make you more vulnerable to seasonal colds and infections. Therefore, get enough sleep every night without fail.
- Exercise regularly: Doing moderate exercises regularly prepares your body to actively fight against infections. Reserve 20-30 minutes of the day for your exercise regime to have an excellent immune system.
- Get enough sunlight: Sunlight is an extraordinary source of vitamin D. Studies suggest that people who spent enough time in the sun fell less sick than the ones who never received enough sunglight. Even soaking for 5 to 10 minutes in the sun daily during the summer season is more than enough for your immune system.
- Avoid stress: Stress hampers both our mental and physical health. Chronic stress has a huge impact on your body’s immunity so avoid living in a stressful environment.
- Stop smoking: Smoking affects the body’s ability to fight with diseases and infections by killing healthy cells of the body. Hence, quit smoking, right now.
- Take multi-vitamin supplements if needed: If your regular diet lacks essential vitamins then consider taking multi-vitamins to keep up with the body’s vitamin requirements.
Visit a medical professional and ask him or her for prescriptive multi-vitamin supplements as per your body’s daily needs.
You can visit ILS Hospitals, one of the best hospitals in Kolkata and Agartala to get medical advice.
Winter season, the season most preferred over summer by many of us. The cold season provides relief from scorching heat and high temperatures to everyone. But everything has pros and cons, the cold season is no special case. It is also the time when our immune system slows down and brings some troubles to our bodies.
Good immune system is the foundation of a healthy body. We understand how exhausting it is to deal with winter cough and colds, so on that note, ILS Hospitals, one of the best hospitals in Kolkata and Agartala would like to share some tips which you can follow for a healthier immunity.
The immune-boosting tips are as follows:
1. Watch your diet:
To build your immunity, you should make it a “rule” that what goes on your plate is healthy and agreeable to your body. Seasonal fruits and vegetables should be inside your refrigerator. Let’s look at the immune-boosting foods:
2. Include herbs and spices:
Our country is the land of spices. Thankfully, the Indian diet revolves around immune-boosting spices like turmeric (haldi), pepper, cinnamon, fennel, cumin, clove, asafoetida (hing) and so on. We also have medicinal herbs like basil (tulsi), coriander and liquorice (mulethi), proven to be winter’s best friend. Feel free to relish on these useful herbs and spices during the cold season.
3. Hydration is the key:
Many people mistakenly believe that winter means not bothering much about filling the water bottles. They are wrong! It does not matter whatever the season is, hydration is always the key. Apart from water, you can opt for hot beverages like soups, herbal teas (or good old masala chai), hot chocolate milk and the infamous turmeric latte (haldi doodh), for strengthening your immunity.
4. Go out and exercise:
Let’s not forget the importance of exercise during winters. If exercise is not up to your liking, try outdoor sports like badminton, football and cricket.
5. Relax and rest:
A well-rested body has strong immunity power. Get near about 8 hours of sleep and give your body rest whenever it is required.
6. Remove stress from your life:
Winter blues are common and real. Stress and depression are the worst killers, the cells of our body react to every emotion. So, just be stress-free by doing what you love and spend time with your loved ones.
We hope you liked our simple immune-boosting tips. You can always come to ILS Hospitals, for any medical reason. We are one of the best multi-speciality hospitals in Kolkata.