Everything changes with time. Every consecutive day, we find new medical researches setting their mark in the field of medical science. Laparoscopic surgery is the most modern method of surgery after robotic surgery. To perform laparoscopic surgeries, special surgical equipment, expert laparoscopic surgeons, and a computer monitor are required.
In laparoscopic surgery, the laparoscopic surgeons operate on the patient’s body by making minute surgical incisions and viewing the inside of the body through a laparoscope (camera) on a computer screen.
ILS Hospitals stands for Institute of Laparoscopic Surgery. We provide minimally-invasive surgeries or laparoscopic surgery to our patients in Kolkata and Agartala. There are countless benefits of laparoscopic or keyhole surgery over traditional general surgery.
- No blood loss
- Less pain
- No scars
- Better cosmetic appearance
- Speedy recovery
- Early discharge
- No complications
- Higher success rate
- Quick return to normal life
Here is a list of some of the laparoscopic surgical procedures available in our hospital units – Dum Dum, Salt Lake, Howrah, and Agartala.
Laparoscopic Gallbladder Stone Surgery
Gallstones are a recurring problem. To prevent gallstones from developing again, we remove the gallbladder (either partially or completely) as a permanent gallstone treatment. Humans can survive without a gallbladder.
Laparoscopic Hernia Treatment
Hernia is a common medical condition in our country, India. At ILS Hospitals, we ensure to provide optimum laparoscopic hernia repair surgery to our patients.
Laparoscopic Bariatric Surgery
Obesity has become alarmingly high in India. To treat obesity and its related ailment we provide laparoscopic bariatric surgery or weight loss surgery to our patients in Kolkata and Agartala. We have performed diabetes surgery successfully on more than a thousand patients.
Laparoscopic Hysterectomy is the minimally-invasive surgery for removal of the uterus (womb). This is strictly done on the account of medical reasons. We are pleased to announce that we offer MIGS (Minimally Invasive Gynaecologic Surgery) to the patients under the guidance of Dr Aruna Tantia.
With the aid of laparoscopic surgery, an operation has become no longer scary and painful. Get minimally-invasive surgery only from ILS Hospitals, the best laparoscopic surgery hospital in Kolkata and Agartala.
We live in an era of medical science when it is constantly improvising to enhance our lives. On one hand traditional, open surgery has been a very useful treatment approach to treat a range of illness for centuries, however, laparoscopic surgery is substituting many open surgery procedures at a fast pace. Today, we will discuss laparoscopic surgery and list out why it is a more beneficial option these days.
Laparoscopic surgery is also known as minimally invasive surgery, or keyhole surgery or band-aid surgery. It is carried out by making a few minute holes on the abdominal area rather than making a large slit like it is done in open surgery. The procedure starts by inflating the stomach using some carbon dioxide gas. This offers two advantages- it helps the surgeons have visuals and working space to carry out the operation. The surgeons insert several instruments through these holes, including a laparoscope, camera, light, and other equipment.
The camera captures the visuals from inside the body and projects it on the screen. The doctor uses this visual to guide the instruments inside the body and performs the surgery. After it is done, the instruments are retracted back and the abdominal cavity is deflated by extracting the gas out. The minute incisions are stitched back and thereby completes the surgery procedure.
There are many advantages associated with laparoscopic surgery.
- It mitigates the need for a prolonged hospital stay as it often involves fewer complications. The patients are generally allowed to return to their home within 2-3 days of the surgery.
- It reduces surgery risks such as bleeding, infection, nearby organ perforation, etc due to the much smaller incisions.
- As it involves no large stitches, usually the chances of forming hernia in the future are less (which is otherwise is a high-risk factor associated with open surgery).
- It is aesthetically better. Laparoscopic Surgery leaves only 2-3 minute incision marks, which looks a lot better than having large stitch marks.
- The minute incisions ensure minimal bleeding and hence, blood transfusion is often not required during these surgical procedures. For the same reason, it is also known as a bloodless procedure.
- This surgery technique does not lead to the organ’s exposure during the procedure. As a result, it mitigates the risk of infection during and after surgery.
- Due to all these above-mentioned factors, laparoscopic surgery offers much faster recovery. It enables the patient to resume their daily life within a few weeks time period. This results in much lesser absence from work and personal life.
At ILS Hospitals, we offer a wide range of medical surgery through the laparoscopic technique. Our eminent surgeon offers minimally invasive surgery for various medical specializations. We are all thrived to ensure that the patients gain the maximum benefit out of the procedure.