Radiology is a special branch of medical science that uses imaging and other advanced techniques to detect the presence of any medical abnormality or illness. It can also be used to study the structure and functionality of any organ. Simultaneously, many a time, it can be availed to evaluate the effectiveness of a certain treatment. Needless to say, there are several types of radiology procedures and each of them has its own importance.
Some of the most common diagnostic techniques are as follows-
- Blood profile screenings
- Computed Tomography (CT scan)
- Exercise stress test
- Cath Lab
But it is even more beneficial for overall treatment when all the diagnostic procedures are available within a vicinity itself. Let’s explain it in details.
If you are dealing with a case of cavities in your teeth, a regular oral x-ray is adequate but often it is not the case for many other patients were having all diagnostic services under one roof is particularly helpful. For instance, a patient complaining of the persistent palpitation might simply be suspected of having high cholesterol at first. Thereby the only screening they might suggest is a blood cholesterol profile. However, persistent palpitation can be a result of several cardiac complications as well. Especially for an aging patient, a thorough investigation is required to determine the exact cause. These Cardiac health evaluations might comprise Electrocardiography, Echocardiogram, Exercise Stress Test and more. Needless to say, having them all in one place helps a lot.
It might also happen that a patient referred for an X-ray might reveal of having some metal implants inside their body right before undergoing the screening. Having a multispecialty radiology facility will enable the healthcare personnel to arrange for some other alternative radiology like an MRI or USG scan for the patient, without losing any precious moments
Moreover, going for a particular path lab is ideal for elective diagnosis. For instance, the routine diabetes checkup can be availed at any standard pathology center or even the sample collection at home works fine as well. However, in case of any accidental injury or medical emergency, it is difficult to predict in advance, exactly which tests are going to be recommended. Thus, having as many of them can be a life-saving factor.
ILS Hospitals offers high-end diagnostic services, all under the same roof. We offer diagnostic services for a wide range of medical specialties. We are equipped with the best-in-class diagnostic equipment and expert radiologists. We furthermore ensure that all our radiology procedures are carried as per standard guidelines and under the expert supervision of radiologists.
Medical science has evolved drastically over the past few decades. Advanced radiology is one such crucial aspect that plays an important role in the overall treatment process. The diagnostic technique we all had undergone at least one in our lives is the x-ray. X-ray is an imaging technique that uses ionizing radiation to pass through the body and capture images accordingly. It is mostly used to determine the extent of bone and joint damage on a recommendation from orthopedic clinics, but it also can be used to evaluate certain kinds of a pathogen-based health condition or to study any structural deformities of some organs. Let’s go through the guidelines you need to follow before undergoing an X-ray imaging.
Read more – All About X-Ray Tests And Its Scope
X-ray can be done for many organs and thus the actual guidelines may vary from case to case. However, in general, the following guidelines are to be followed for any x-ray imaging.
1. X-ray diagnosis is carried out either in the doctor’s chamber, diagnostic center or the diagnostic section of multispecialty hospitals. So, the patient must reach the spot, preferably a little in advance.
2. The patient needs to remove all the pieces of jewellery, eyeglasses and accessories like watches, cell phones etc. outside the radiology chamber.
3. The patient needs to inform the radiologist or the doctor beforehand, in case they have any surgical metal implants currently on them. These include any orthopedic metal joints, pacemakers, surgical mesh and wiring etc. Females patients also need to inform in case they are currently pregnant or even suspecting the possibility. They also must inform if they have surgical contraceptive implanted currently.
4. The patient needs to undress and wear a gown on the region that is supposed to have an x-ray. The patient are provided with a gown by the centre.
5. The patient might be given some contrast medium in certain kinds of x-ray tests. For that, they need to receive an injection or have to swallow the medium orally.
6. The patient is then guided towards the machine and helped to be positioned in the correct posture.
7. When instructed, the patient needs to stay still and might need to hold their breath momentarily, in some particular cases. This step ensures the images do not get blurry and feature the accurate details effectively.
X-ray is a painless procedure that takes only a few minutes for orthopaedic and other diagnostic purposes but might need more than an hour for x-ray involving contrast mediums. ILS Hospitals offers accurate and advance X-ray scan for every medical need.