10 Facts About Breast Cancer Every Women Should Know About!
Cancer, in general, is a critical illness, but breast cancer is one very common type that claims many lives all over the world. World Health Organization identifies breast cancer as the most prevalent type of cancer among women and a leading cause of death among them. Gynaecologists advise every adult woman to have some knowledge about breast cancer in brief as it often comes handy to seek timely treatment.
Here we present a few facts about breast cancer
1. Aging is a prime risk factor of breast cancer. Though many younger women are being diagnosed with breast cancer, it is mostly found in women aging more than 55.
2. Though women have an exceptionally high risk of breast cancer, more and more cases of male breast cancer are surfacing in recent years.
3. One in every 8 women is at risk of developing breast cancer, in their lifetime.
4. Women with first family (mother, daughter or sister), with a history of breast cancer, have a higher risk of the same. It is almost twice as compared to women without it.
5. However, surprisingly about 8 out of 10 breast cancer patients have no family history of the same.
6. Having denser breast tissue, with more fibrosis and glandular tissue is more likely to have breast cancer. A routine mammogram can identify it in time and thus annual screening is advised for women above 40 years.
7. Breastfeeding for a year or so reduces the risks of breast cancer and a few other gynaecological issues in the future.
8. Overweight and obese is a major risk factor for breast cancer. Proper adequate exercise can mitigate its risk for good.
9. A proper self-breast exam can also detect an abnormality in time, leading to timely treatment of the same.
10. Many breast cancer tumours onset in the underarm and armpits as well. A timely ultrasound scan can detect them on time.
Eating healthy and quitting smoking and alcohol can promote good health and mitigate the chances of breast cancer.
Every year, the month of October is observed as the breast cancer awareness month. During this festive season, when we bow down to the supreme female deity Durga, let us also acknowledge the empowering women, who work tirelessly for the family’s health and wellbeing. ILS Hospitals encourages every woman to avail Well Women Health Check-Up Package to address critical threats such as breast and uterus cancer along with other prevalent gynaecological discomforts.
Visit https://bit.ly/2y52uo3 to book your package now!