The covid-19 pandemic outbreak has been declared as a public health emergency globally. People with underlying diseases like diabetes continue to be most vulnerable to getting infected and severely ill due to coronavirus.
It is quite evident that diabetes management solely reflects your way of managing and balancing your life. Therefore, to increase awareness and provide approachable care, the concept of “Sugar Clinic” is gaining popularity. There are several such sugar clinics in Kolkata helping diabetic patients during this pandemic.
Why are Diabetic People at Greater Risk of Developing Covid-19?
There are two main reasons:
- The low immune system, which makes it harder to fight the virus with prolonged recovery
- The virus grows in an increased blood glucose environment.
Role Of Doctors During Pandemic
Diabetes is a leading disorder accompanied by the thyroid, high cholesterol, liver problems, and heart diseases. Therefore, it becomes vital to follow a path that treats your disease and addresses other health issues.
To reduce their chances of getting infected, diabetic patients can opt for a sugar clinic in Kolkata. Doctors associated with such clinics provide assured diabetes care and well-directed treatment plan to keep diabetic people safe during these crucial times. They focus on caring for every diabetic individual. They offer a complete evaluation of other diseases caused due to diabetes and gives the solutions accordingly.
How to Implement the Diabetes Treatment Efficiently?
For carrying out diabetes treatment in Kolkata, the doctors should conduct a one-day diabetes program
with the following features
- 16 diagnostic tests to assess other health conditions.
- Doctor consultation with prescription.
- Diabetes awareness and dietician consultation.
- App enrolment for 24/7 assistance.
Diabetes treatment in Kolkata can be successful only if the patients follow the below-mentioned advice recommended by an experienced doctor to combat COVID-19:
- Get vaccinated and stay at home.
- Wash hands thoroughly while taking insulin shots.
- Wear a mask and maintain 6 feet distance from people.
- Do not share utensils, clothes, and food.
- Avoid contact with anyone showing symptoms of illness such as coughing, fever, or headache.
- Monitor your glucose level regularly.
- In case of flu-like symptoms, consult doctors without delay.
- Take plenty of fluids
- Maintain a good supply of diabetes medicines.
- Do 30 minutes of indoor exercises.
- Avoid overwork and take adequate sleep.
- Keep the doctor’s contact number and Health Insurance policies handy.
Healthcare believes in making the diabetes patient strong internally so that they develop good immunity and are safer. For achieving such goals, they create awareness among such candidates.
It becomes vital for such people to keep their blood sugar level stable by maintaining a varied and balanced diet. They are advised the following:
- Prefer food with a low glycaemic index. (Wholewheat, noodle soups)
- Avoid consumption of fried foods.
- Avoid food rich in sugar, carbohydrates, and fat.
- Eat 2-3 servings of fruits and lots of green, leafy vegetables.
- Avoid tobacco and alcohol.
When to contact a doctor?
If you observe the following
If you observe the following
- Moderate or large ketones
- Symptoms like weakness, body aches, vomiting, belly pain, tiredness.
- Shortness of breath
Subsequently, controlling diabetes and keeping them safe during covid-19 is a continuous, challenging task. Although there is no definite cure for this disease, handling it correctly by gaining knowledge and following them is very important.
As discussed in this article, doctors of sugar clinics in Kolkata have taken the initiative to overcome the challenge, hence providing their valuable contribution to society. You can visit https://www.ilshospitals.com/; they have their sugar clinic in Kolkata at locations like Dum Dum, Howrah & Saltlake, which has been serving the community and its people.