Radiology is a specialty which includes medical imaging to diagnose the functionality of any particular organ. It also plays a crucial role in detecting any abnormality and defects in the body and altogether contributes towards the treatment procedure. The specialist personnel performing radiology diagnosis are known as radiologists.
Though an accurate diagnosis, the following evaluation can be done effectively
- Monitor the effectiveness of any medication or therapy on the body
- Spread of any medical condition such as an infection, or cancer
- Diagnose the possible cause of symptoms
- Dislocation of any internal body part, particularly bones
Some of the most common diagnostic techniques are as follows
- Computed Tomography (CT scan)
Radiology Facilities at Howrah Unit
- CT/ MRI/ USG Guided Biopsy of – Ranal, Liver, Prostate, Breast etc.
- CT/ USG/ MRI Guided – FNAC – Thyroid, Node, Tumour etc
- USG/ CT Guided Liver abscess drainage
- Image Guided Pleural & Ascetic Tap
- Radio Frequency ablation (RFA)
- Micro Wave Ablation (MWA)
- Image Guided Nephrostomy
- Inter Costal Chest tube drainage (ICD)
- Barium Studies
- Retrograde Urethrogram (RGU)
- Micturating Cysto Urethrogram (MCU)
- Hystero Salpinography (HSG)
At ILS Hospitals, we offer an accurate diagnosis for a range of medical conditions. We ensure all our diagnosis processes are carried under expert supervision and follows all standard guidelines.