Oncology is a branch of medicine that deals with the prevention, diagnosis, treatment, and cure for cancer.
At ILS Hospitals, we address cancer and malignant growth in any part of the body. The following types are few to name.
- Lung and bronchial cancer
- Colon and rectal cancer
- Breast cancer
- Pancreatic cancer
- Prostate cancer
- Non-Hodgkin lymphoma
- Liver and intrahepatic bile duct cancer:
- Esophageal cancer
- Skin cancer
The treatment procedure of cancer at ILS Hospital is evaluated by oncologists depending upon several factors, including the type of cancer, its extent, the rate of its spread, etc. There are three types of oncologists as per their approach to addressing the cancer-
- Medical oncologist- Treats cancer using chemotherapy or other medications.
- Surgical oncologist- Removes the tumor and nearby tissue during an operation or biopsies.
- Radiation oncologist- Treats cancer using radiation therapy.